Monday, February 16, 2009

Jackelynn (I know this is confusing but it will make sense soon)

I woke up to the sound of my Father yelling at my Mom again. It was two in the morning and he was right on time. He’d probably been out doing what he seems to do best, getting drunk. It seems to be the only thing he ever does. Then he comes home to my Mom completely wasted. My Dad became an alcoholic ever since he lost his job six months ago. He’s been unemployed this whole time and we can hardly make ends meet. Any money we get just ends up being spent on boos. My Mom’s tried suggesting that my father go to an A.A. meeting. It’s always the same result; Dad gets angry, refuses, and Mom ends up sitting alone in their bedroom crying and covered in bruises. Now that I’m seventeen, I got a job at the Stop N’ Shop down the street. It’s the only thing I can do besides comfort my mom and fix her up after another fight with my Dad. I know he doesn’t mean to her hurt her. Somewhere deep down, I know he still loves us. I hope.

1 comment:

  1. Hey this is darkmoon thanks for following my blog man. these posts are bringing me down I feel
    so bad for you. Remember the bad times are just as bad and they will get better

    brightest blessings

    Dark Moon

    ReplyDelete